Main advantages of MDF:
1. MDF is easy to finish. All kinds of paints and paints can be evenly coated on the MDF, which is the preferred substrate for the paint effect.
2. MDF is also a beautiful decorative plate.
3. MDF various veneer, adhesive film, veneer, light metal sheet and other materials can be glued on the surface of the MDF.
4. The hard MDF board is punched and drilled, and can also be made into sound absorbing panels, which are used in the decoration engineering of buildings.
5. Excellent physical properties, uniform material, no dehydration problems.
6. The nail holding power of the MDF is good.
Main disadvantages of MDF:
1. The biggest disadvantage of MDF is that it is not moisture-proof, and it will swell when it sees water. When using density kickboards, door panels, and window sills, you should pay attention to the six sides of the paint, so that it will not be deformed.
2. The MDF has a large water expansion rate and large deformation, and the load-bearing deformation is longer than that of the homogeneous solid wood particle board. Although the moisture resistance of the MDF is poor, the screw does not loosen after being screwed, and it is easy to fix.
However, the surface of the MDF is smooth and flat, the material is fine, the performance is stable, the edge is firm, and the shape is easy to avoid. It avoids the problems of decay, insects, etc. It is superior to the particle board in terms of bending strength and impact strength, and the decorative surface of the plate surface is extremely extreme. Well, it is better than the appearance of solid wood furniture.